Long Muggy Day...

Today was viciously hot in Kingston. When I left the house this morning it looked as if there was a dirty haze over the city. I guess that's what smog looks like! I went down to the Jamaica Observer today. I got my first assignment for a story that will go in this Sunday's Financial Observer. Spent most of the day doing leg-work and tomorrow I'll be up bright and early to write more of the story, as well as, do more background work. The deadline for this is Friday at noon, which means I have about 48 hours to do this. Talk about pressure! The next story will be due on the regular deadline of Thursday at 4pm, which will give me more time. I'm really nervous about this actually because I've got so little time to put together what will be my first article for this editor. I think I've got the ball rolling because I've got my major sources lined up. I just wish that I'd have more time to write the story and then review and tweak it. Normally I don't start writing until I've done all the legwork but this time I have no choice, just in case I freeze up like I did today when I first sat down behind the computer, I want to make sure that I get started on writing from now. Well, let me get back to it.

No comments: