Be strong and courageous...

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

In the mornings I read the Our Daily Bread devotional from their website. They have a handy like to Bible Gateway, which brings up the day's reading right away, in this internet and computer age I've found that I'm more likely to read it if it's on the computer than if I have to go and hunt through my Bible. That said at night I read to J from the Couple's Devotional Bible. It has daily passages and commentaries geared specially towards married couples. It's very good, I'd recommend it to married couple actually because it also has 'Marriage Builders' tasks that you can work through together to strengthen your bond.

Anyway my point with this is that this passage from Joshua is from today's ODB devotion but it's also from last weekend's CB readings (June 4 & 5). It's really interesting how these two seem to go hand in hand almost and to the best of my knowledge they're not published by the same company.

Just had to blog this, in my own nerdy way I think it's quite interesting :)

No comments: