Traffic Tales III

On the way home today in traffic on Balmoral Avenue I had a rasta man perch two boxes of jelly doughnuts on my windowsill and ask if the "browning" wanted any to buy. Normally they stand on the dotted lines and sell their wares but this man was right up almost inside my car, so I just murmured, "No thank you," and willed him to walk away quickly.

Luckily, he obliged but as he walked off all I could hear was, "bwoy dem lip deh look kissable eh?" Now I know I've been suffering from some hellish cramps but the suddent lurch my stomach took could only have been because of that comment. It's a good thing I'd only had a patty and a cocoa bread for lunch some 5 and a half hours before else I would've certainly brought it all up over the steering wheel at the horrifying thought of liplocking with that grungy rasta man... I always wonder why they need to make these comments outloud. :-(

No comments: