More articles

This is all just so hard to grasp. I stopped at the ESSO yesterday to buy a phone card and I had to stop myself from asking for Mr Brown. I always did when I came by there (this gas station is at the top of my street) and I nearly started to cry but I held it back because the cashier and everyone in there looked so upset. It's hard for me too because technically I didn't know him so well but no one deserves to die the way he did and on top of it all J's thrown completely into limbo. Mr Brown and his mother had been separated for awhile and then got divorced, so there are all sorts of technicalities because of that but it doesn't take away the fact that Mr. Brown raised him and is the only father he's ever known. Then you look in the paper and you see that Mr Brown is survived by his two children Donovan and Keena which is true but where does that leave J, is it that he doesn't have a right to mourn? He wants to go up to the house when he gets here but he's so afraid he's going to be rejected but at the same time he just has to go because step or divorce or whatever, Mr Brown still raised him. And it all tears me to pieces. I mean yes I've lost my mother tragically as well but I didn't have to deal with all these complications...

More articles

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20050607/letters/letters3.html

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20050607/lead/lead3.html

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20050607/lead/lead1.html


Some of the ones from the previous entry have been repeated.

No comments: