Mobay to Kingston in 3 hours flat

So far I've already had one person flop my show about how that's slow using the Chalky Hill through Linsteda route but I don't care. I think I did damn good consider the traffic, mad taxi and bus drivers, the insane trailer head driver round by Moneague and the assortment of goats and dogs that were in the road... not to mention the amount of 'pavement ends 300m' that I had to deal with and the everlasting pot holes that only Jamaican roads can serve up.

Chalky Hill took nerves of steel. The last time I was up there J had to kiss off the side of the road to avoid a crazy oil tanker driver that was pelting up the hill and we broke the left control arm on my old VW Vento. Luckily there was a man in an Isuzu Big Horn that I was able to follow for most of the way. "Max" (the new fastback 240sx) handled very well. He slides through corners so neutrally that I was able to save my brakes (which is good since they're not back at 100% yet, J needs to bring me a brake master cylinder when he's coming back next week).

I had a truck man stop beside me on the 1st Spanish town roundabout and tell me that I can go and drive at Dover Raceway *lol* I couldn't help but grin. Apparently he was shocked that I shot around him at the roundabout. "So is where you come from?" he asked me. I pointed out that I'd been behind him for quite awhile but I'd been on my cellphone (with J who was running to catch his connection from Miami to Dallas) so I'd eased off until I finished my call and could concentrate. He just shock his head and said that for a female driver I'm definitely not ordinary :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definately not ordinary is manspeak for a crackhead :D. Glad u deh ome safely boo.

slybabyk said...

Hmmm I didn't look on it that way :) Yeah man, God carry me in yu zimmi.