Traffic Tales II

Today I felt like a snack while I was stuck in the inevitable traffic leading into Half-Way-Tree so I signaled the peanut cart man to rope in. I could've sworn he said JA$30 for the peanuts but I only got back a ten from JA$50, didn't want to press it though, no sense getting verbally abused or dragged out the car for JA$10 (the exchange rate is currently approximately JA$60 = USD$1).

So the peanut man says to me, "Hey baby you know I like your smooth hands." I just smiled tentatively because I was too intent on opening the peanuts to care. He continues on about how he wouldn't mind having them rub him down when he came home from work in the evenings. I start looking up the line of traffic willing it to move but as my luck would have it -- gridlock. So I shove some peanuts in my mouth and start chopping. Not taking the hint he continues, "Yes man, is you I'd a like to be my wife." I look at him, shuffle the peanuts over so the band of my ring is showing and say, "Uhm sorry, I already married still." If I want to share? I nearly started to choke. Luckily the light up ahead changes and traffic starts to creep forward as I fire back, "No sah, I not into the sharing thing at all."

No comments: