Doriftoooooo!

Recorded my first proper drift in Jamaica about 15 minutes ago at the intersection of West Kings House Road and Constant Spring Road. Last week with Thunder I guess I contemplated trying but then I remember what Basil said about his clutch so I backed down everytime my fingers tingled to go for it. And that's fair enough, I'd ragged on the man's car all day. I did stupidness at Vernam but put my foot down otherwise. No, not street racing, I wasn't racing anybody, just driving Thunder. So now I have this 1990 Nissan 240SX. It's an pignosed S13 fastback with a KA24E engine (the single cam to the one that originally came in my baby Q - Mommy misses you Q!)

Yes, I'm a gear-head and I'm not ashamed I tell you! The tint at the bottom of the windshield is a bit annoying to be honest with you but at least it's not crappy tint link Andre's old hatchback (the 1993 that I drove while Q was laid up last year that eventually we bought and swapped its SR20DET into Q). The only three things are:

  1. The A/C compressor doesn't work. It's been cooler recently but I'm going to get a used one put in right away, I'll melt otherwise. And I know J would be miserably if he came here and had to drive under a combination of no air conditioning; and
  2. The passenger side window doesn't go down because the window lock switch on the driver's console is busted. Easy electronic fix, hopefully it doesn't need a new switch; and
  3. The right headlight comes up automatically but has to be wound down manually. At least they come up and work I say. We have spare headlight motors on the crashed car so that won't be all new parts to buy.

Other than that there's just some cosmetic bits but like I told the previous owner, the car is one color, I can drive around with some paint missing... after all I remember red, white and black and spraypaint Q :) And I can drift it!

Drift total: 2 L <- left hand drifts (somehow I haven't gotten right hand ones down yet)

No comments: