It's been a long, long day...

Wow, I'm exhausted... I can't begin to imagine how J feels though, he's had a full day at work including a couple of runs and now he's home finishing up packing to fly down here tomorrow. I woke up early (as if I ever sleep past 6:30am these days anyway!) and got to work finishing off this week's article. I had it pretty much wrapped up by midday and then it was down to the newspaper to fine tune it and load it onto the servers.

After I got done at the newspaper I decided to go and check Victor (the ultimate Nissan mechanic) since his shop is down the road from the paper. He said the car seems solid and sent me up the road to a front end and alignment garage to let them have a looksee under the 240SX. Well, damn good thing I did that because I have a front caliper leak... in layman's terms that means my brakes could fail. My blood ran cold when I realized that tomorrow I'm driving pretty much to the other end of the island to Montego Bay to pick up J, a drive which involves a lot of uphill and downhill and sharp corners.

Thankfully a supplier in town had the seal kit I needed and I was able to get there (with the help of an ex-taximan's directions) in time to get the parts. So tomorrow morning I'm up early again--well more like out of the house early because I'll be up anyway LOL--to be at the garage at 8:30am so that they can repair the calipers so I can be on my way to Mobay by 10am.

I'm just really glad that I went by Victor and I'm even more glad that I finished my article today so that I don't have it hanging over my head along with this trip to the garage for tomorrow morning.

No comments: