New layout... slightly narcissistic?

Not quite sure if that's the correct spelling but I'm too lazy to open M-W.com right now and check. (How lazy have we become these days, I have it in my links barely two clicks away). About this layout though, not sure if I like my picture beside each post. I wish there was a way I could just chose a picture for each post, the way hi5.com has their blog section set up.

I'm a lot calmer today. Fighting off the edges of panic, for some reason I always go into a panic when I think about jobs, employment and work. I now know why my Mom always used to say that there are many poor journalists out there. Freelancing is going to have to supplement another form of income, so I'm shoving myself off into the job market. It's scary though, this wll be my first time applying for a job. I'm trying to approach it like applying to go to school, I've done that 4 times and never been rejected once, so I'm trying to calm my nerves that way. Ahhh, but this is just one of those things that makes me miss my Moms I tell you but then it's helping me be independent because I can't just run to someone for help, I have to sit and sort this out and come up with a plan of action and execute it by myself. I have friends and family who will help, but like this MSN Career Article I was readings says, "you're CEO of You & Co." :)

Time to go grab the Sunday paper and look through the job listings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kim.. you as computernerd.. i'm sure you can come up with the greatest lay-out EVER.. there's even lj lay-out communities with free pre-made lay-outs or lay-out tutorials.. i do like this one.. but i see what you mean with "slightly narcissistic" (correct sp, according to my humble self :p )
I'm sure you can find a perfect job for you.. you've got so much to offer.. you're a great person and you're a UCU grad!! go for it hon, i'm sure you'll find something that suits you!!
*hugs*

slybabyk said...

lady you're so sweet! *hugs* thanks for making me smile this morning :) hmmmm lj-layout communities you say? point me in their direction! i adore this layout but i'd love it without my pic by each post... how do you join a community anyway? i ran upon a drifting community last night and a community for girls that are into tuning import cars :)