Wanting more...

I'm here in Louisiana at our house and I don't want to leave. But my flight is Sunday morning at around 7:00 am and it seems like I have no choice. Between work and the drama of rebooking a ticket... this is depressing. No moping for me tomorrow though. I have two last minute presents to buy and this PC to reformat and reinstall. Got a new case installed today (I actually only needed to replace the power supply but since the case was only US$10 more than the stand alone power supply, and the case includes said power supply - I said what the hell.) My friend Dee and her husband came over and helped, thank God. Nothing confuses me more than hooking up the power and reset buttons and LED lights to a mother board. The damn thing even drew blood, I suppose that's always a good way to bond with your electronics.

Aeon Flux
Haven't seen the movie but J and I were watching the MTV series on DVD. Pretty interesting. J was definitely right when he said, "It's the Matrix before there was a Matrix." Not sure if anyone would remember the scene from the first (and best) film in the Matrix series where a big of some sort was extracted from Neo's navel? Well, there's an episode on the first Aeon Flux series DVD where she has to retrieve this guy's programmed conscience (can't quite remember the name they used). Anyway, this 'conscience' came in the form of a rather large spindly metal thing that inserted itself into you via - you guessed it! - your navel. So we know who's been watching not only some Jet Li kickers (let's face it, that's where most if not all the king fu movies in the Matrix came from) but also Aeon Flux. I was hoping J and I could go and see that movie as well as Memoirs of a Geisha but he works from Thursday right back until Sunday... life.

3 comments:

Scratchie said...

HI Kim, just passing through....didn't know you were into the computer building scene too.....cool.. :)

Unknown said...

Just dropping by. Enjoy yourself.

Mad Bull said...

So let me get this straight... you live in Louisiana... no, you live in Jamaica? Which is right?

Whichever it is, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!