In case you missed it

When murder hits the blogosphere
Personal sites suddenly very public in aftermath of Pennsylvania killing
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448213/did/10272868/

I actually read through all three pages. Sometimes some very interesting articles crop up on MSN. I just took a look at the blog of the guy who wrote it and he's definitely opinionated. On an aside note (that's somehow related in my mind) I've been thinking of taking down a lot of the websites/pages I have scattered across the net. Back in my super-geek days I had a finger on everything: angelfire, geocities, IRC sites, virtualtourist, webalarm... now that I'm getting older I guess I want to slowly erase, well no narrow down, my presence (sp) on the web. Not quite sure how to go about it though, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Not like last Christmas
This year is shaping up to be nothing like last Christmas. Last year at this time I was making regular raids on Walgreens, finding trimmings for our very first Christmas tree. I couldn't even remember the last time I'd trimmed a tree, that had probably been the year before I left for college. My Mom and I would make a lot of late night runs up to Discount Pharmacy or down to Tropical Pharmacy to get ornaments. So needless to say I made a very big deal about the season, and J' - God bless him - he took it all in stride. Nothing was sweeter than finding the perfect tree topper, an amazing black angel garbed in lush red robes trimmed in white with gold wings and accents... gorgeous! I had so many candy canes that after Christmas Day I took to dropping off batches at the base gate for the guards. My aunt and cousin from the UK came over, keeping alive a tradition we'd started back in 2001 of always seeing each other for Christmas. That looks like it's going to broken this year. Yep, definitely not like last Christmas at all.

1 comment:

Mad Bull said...

Sorry to hear that. Still, maybe this is the start of some new, equally long-lasting traditions...