Back on the rock

So I'm back in Jamaica and miserable. I never envisioned in all my years spending Christmas day hopping from plane to plane, hauling carry-on luggage and wondering whether or not my stomach would hold down greasy airport Chinese food. Anyway, it goes with the job I suppose. I left work at around 8:00 pm, and although there is some stuff I want to do before I go to bed, I just can't seem to bring myself to get started. Maybe I should eat first... somehow I don't see myself getting to bed by 10:30 pm. Grr.

4 comments:

Scratchie said...

I can only say be thankful for the small things in life. Welcome back to the rock.

slybabyk said...

lol scratchie comments like that always make me feel so ungrateful. especially since i'm forever telling J to count the blessings when things seem dim. sometimes it's just so hard.

i've been here 7 months, and i've done a pretty good job of convincing myself not to be depressed but the truth is that this is just not where i want to be. my main thing to be thankful for here is, well, my job.

and lately that has been stressing the crap out of me. i know it comes with the territory though and i'm more than willing to work with that, but it's hard when there's no comfort to be had anywhere else.

Mad Bull said...

Sorry to hear that. Make the most of it though. Sorry we missed you at the link up.

Marc M said...

Travelling is no fun.