Being a bitch...

This is something I've received before in my Inbox, and I'm sure lots of women out there have seen this many times too and I think it's really interesting. Sometimes I feel the same way the woman (assuming it was a woman) who came up with this must have felt. Of course a lot of women do go overboard and become insufferable, but it's as if we've been taught that girls are supposed to be docile, so standing up for yourself in anything but an appologetic manner means you're a, well, a bitch.

                            When I stand up for
                           myself and my beliefs,
                           they call me a  BITCH.

                            When I stand up for
                               those I love,
                           they call me a  BITCH.

                          When I speak my mind,
                           think my own thoughts
                          or do things my own way,
                           they call me a BITCH.

                               Being a BITCH
                               means I won't
                             compromise what's
                                in my heart.

                          It means I live my life
                                  MY way.
                           It means I won't allow
                         anyone to step on me.

                             When I refuse to
                          tolerate injustice and
                           speak against it,
                       I am  defined as a BITCH.

                          The same thing happens
                           when I take time for
                          myself instead of being
                          everyone's maid, or when
                          I act a little selfish.

                            It means I have the
                           courage and strength
                           to allow myself to be
                              who I truly am.

                           I won't become anyone
                            else's idea of what
                         they think I "should"be.

                              I am outspoken,
                        opinionated and determined.
                          I want what I want and
                        there is absolutely nothing
                             wrong with that!

                          So try to stomp on me,
                       try to douse my inner flame,
                       try to squash every ounce of
                         Beauty I hold within me.

                            You won't succeed.

                           And if that makes me
                            a BITCH, so be it.

                          I embrace the title and
                          I am proud to bear it.

No comments: