Tuesdays...

The only thing saving this Tuesday is that in the back of my mind I've started my countdown to next Tuesday when I'll leave to go and spend Christmas with J. I'm not thinking about the fact that I'll have to fly back Christmas morning to be here for work on Boxing Day. Nope, not going to think about that just yet. I'm also telling myself that it's only two days until my next adventure story assignment. Last time I walked the Cunha Cunha Pass, an old maroon trail, which runs from Portland to St Thomas. This time around it's going to involve horses and rafting... the first (and last actually) horse I rode was an old thoroughbred at Hellshire that had seen better days. So I'm looking forward to this assignment with joy and a good dose of trepidation.

Other than that I'm at my cubicle with a headache (need food), the floor is is really quiet, I think it's because the A/C isn't on yet, but man our Christmas tree is all I really need. It has to be at least 10 feet high and it's gorgeously done up (Every Blooming Thing) in shades of gold and broze. I've always liked the name EBT, it's a great play on words. Words... they've taken on a new meaning for me ever since I started reading my new 'work' book, which someone seems to have borrowed from my desk, but anway, it's a book on headline writings called Heads You Win. It goes through the art of headline writing and even if my headlines haven't immediately gotten better, I can see how the way I approach them and come up with them has already changed.

Anyway, enough babbling, time to run to the canteen for a sandwhich and a drink, and then get back to work.


Walk in the Maroons' footsteps - http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lifestyle/
html/20051015t160000-0500_90431_obs_
walk_in_the_maroons__footsteps_.asp

1 comment:

Mad Bull said...

Good likkle article. I will try to walk that trail/pass before me dead.