Traffic Tales VI


So today I'm driving home, heading up Half Way Tree Road right before the stoplight at HWT Road and Chelsea when I was forced to make some evasive manouvers to miss a bus and another car. I ended up in the right lane with Max (my 240sx) unscathed, without a single horn being blown or curse being shouted. Alright, so I'm in the right lane, and a white skettle zips from behind me into the left lane and speeds off when the light turns green. I'm approaching the next stop light where you turn down unto Cargill Avenue when I realise that the skettle has slowed down, and I'm like, crap. Max is LHD and my window's down, anyway, by the time all this has processed (I'm dog tired) I'm in line with the skettle and I look over and see a youngish-look man on his phone who looks over at me with a stunned expression and says, "My girl, a you a drive dem way deh?!" I couldn't help but grin, then the skettle drives off and I realise it's a cabby. Now coming from a cab driver, how do you take that statement? ROFL Just another day on the Jamaican roads...

No comments: