Was I pregnant?

Apparently I wasn't but I sure thought that I was up until last night when I started having doubts and this morning at approximately 4:30 am when the most horrific cramps I've felt this side of being a teenager kicked in. See J and I decided that I should come off the pill last month, and while he was here we, well, let's just say we 'watched a lot of TV'. That said when I didn't start on Wednesday as normal, I immediately began thinking that there was a 'bun in the oven' as my supervisor so succintly put it when he asked whether or not I'd be able to manage riding a horse for my next adventure assignment.

Anyway, yesterday at the gym I did these advanced crunches that work your lower abs and bottom where I had to curl my knees up pretty much to my chin. Hard ass stuff. And then when I got home and changed off I saw what made me start having my doubts about little Colin or Melissa (yes we've decided on names hehe) being born anytime within the next nine months. When the wracking cramps woke me up this morning though was, "Dear God, I killed our unborn child by going to the gym." So of course between that and the cramps I started to bawl. Well, to be honest I'd bawled myself to sleep the night before too but hey, I had a right, what I now know to be PMS had me very emotional and as cliché as this may sound, I really can't wait to have J's child. That said, okay, so thinking that I spontaneously aborted a child by doing some exercise is a bit far fetched (at least now that J's explained it, now I know it is) but I don't know everything.

Well, as my mother used to say, "The Universe is perfect and everything is as it should be." I mean let's face it, my father's girlfriend had a son on Monday, it would've been a bit too close to soap opera-ville for me to find out I'm pregnant that same Friday!

No comments: