If I see this word one more time...

Alacrity. Honestly, the next book I see it in might find itself missing a couple pages. Why is it that virtually every historical romance novel must make use of this word? I even found one fiction writer slipping it into a contemporary romance novel the other day! Then I started a Patricia Cabott book the other day. I'd never read anything by her before and I was really blown over by how good a writer she is. This book was going along pretty great. So much so in fact that it dawned on me that no one had done anything at all, not even sit down, with form of alacrity - which, by the way, means 'promptness in response' or 'cheerful readiness'. But then she had to go and spoil it somewhere near the end. I was so disturbed that I think I scared the people in the Cross Roads Island Grill.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go and chose a new book to read with alacrity then. :-)

No comments: