Everything starts at a year?

It seems that everything starts at a year. I won't be able to take leave until I've been working with the company for a year. No NHT benefits unless you've been working for a year. Real marriage starts after a year ;-)

On the NHT subject (the NHT is the National Housing Trust for the non-Jamaicans), did you know that you can only get a maximum of $1.5 million, and $3 million if you apply jointly with your spouse? Now $1.5mil might seem like pittance to some people, but they way I see it, don't we pay into the NHT as a mandatory deduction? So on one hand, I may as well take the loan then when it comes to mortgage time. I'll probably have to give this one more thought, but it just seems to me that I may as well use some of the money I've started paying away each month.

But then apparently, a studio (not one bedroom) in Kingston costs $5 million, so what is $1.5 going to do?

Looking at contingency plans is giving me a headache. Or maybe I just need to eat. Food. Yes, food is always a good idea. Food time.

No comments: