Traffic Tales V

This one is actually about traffic itself because ever since I got my A/C compressor installed I haven't really been driving around with my windows down in traffic. Actually, that's not entirely true, I just don't drive down Balmoral and up Maxfield Avenue into Half-Way-Tree to go home anymore because the traffic is just ridiculous. I've also started going to the gym here at work, which allows me to stay late enough to avoid the worst parts of the traffic.

But it's still CRAZY. And being pelted with rain since mid-September doesn't help any either. I mean I nearly hydro-locked my engine dropping J to the airport on October 10 because of all the water on the road. (FYI this puddle in question, well no LAKE appeared out of no where, it's down on the new 'high way' that leads from downtown over to Harbour View.) Anyway, we don't have the best short term drainage systems here in Jamaica and it's like whenever rain falls everyone forgets how to drive. So that basically means that everyone has been driving like a lunatic since mid-September. Yours truly included. I can be honest. I mean like last night I just put my car into a spot trying to get from Beechwood onto Lyndhurst Road. Unfortunately, traffic didn't move the way I wanted it to and I ended up having to reverse up Beechwood Road a little bit, and then take some serious backroads just to get to Half-Way-Tree, which surprisingly enough was devoid of the usual traffic.

Let's not talk about the clothes situation. Last week was the first time since J left that clothes have been washed and allowed to drive. I was almost running out of clothes, which just made me miss Louisiana more because over half my clothes are still there. Everything makes me miss being there with J to be honest so let me not get started. Although last Halloween was bittersweet - don't ask, if you don't already know about it, I'm not mentioning it, this one is going with me to the grave - but still, we were together. I remember a bunch of us went to see Saw and I got a ridiculous headache because I hate movies like that, but it felt nice to be able to tuck my head into J's shoulder for the whole movie.

And now I'm here alone. This sucks donkey balls. I'm rambling... but I don't want to go and get into the traffic! Olivia just walked past me and said that she's going to go and sit in the traffic. My reply? I'm stalling. I mean let's face it, I'm obviously not sitting here doing work. The livejournal update screen doesn't resemble our news editing software in the slightest :-p Not only that, my bags are packed: the handbag is out the filing cabinet and on the desk, my notebooks are stacked and my car keys are right here beside me. Okay, it's 6:41 now, aaargh T just called to find out if I want to go and play kalooki, I don't know. I might be so damn tired after fighting up in the traffic that I may just need to sleep. Yesterday I was SO tired, my knees, shoulders, everything hurt. J should be home by the time I get there. I dunno... 6:42... it seems like time has stalled as well.

Ahh to hell with it. I may as well just leave, thank God for A/C and a radio.

No comments: