World News: Nederlands Editie

So I'm here bored out of my mind but too tired and lonely to bother moving. I typed "Ik mis Nederland" (I miss the Netherlands) into Google and ended up at the website of De Telegraaf, where I found this:

Wildplasser krijgt bloempot vol op het hoofd

Een inwoner van Wommels is gewond geraakt toen hij een bloempot op zijn hoofd kreeg. De man werd door een 30-jarige bewoonster van een woning aan de Gedempte Haven betrapt, toen hij stond te urineren.

Here's the rough translation:

Wildpisser gets flowerpot on the head

A resident of Wommels was wounded when he got hit by a flowerpot on his head. The man was caught while he stood urinating by a 30 year old resident of Gedempte Harbour.

That in itself may not seem too funny to you, but the Dutch word "wildplasser" always cracked me up!

No comments: