A Couple Miles Good

No one can tell me that I didn't do at least 5 miles worth of walking on the editorial floor of the Observer yesterday. I know it was probably more than that, but 5 miles seems a good place to start. Yesterday was my first day as a new coordinator at the Observer and the writers for the section--who come in droves on Saturday to write their various pieces and meet together--definitely put me to work.

And I didn't mind in the least.

This new job is going to be alot of work, I see that from now but it will be fun and challenging with something different every week. It's going to be hard taking of from the previous coordinator if only because the writers have become so attached to him and I'm sure quite a few of the writers see me as nothing more than a usurper. I take comfort in knowing that I was one of the original writers involved in this section when it was first expanded from 2 to 6 pages and took up residence in the Tuesday Observer. So I know where they're coming from and I see my job as trying to help them make this product not only number one, but so strong that all others will be used as papier mache :-)

No comments: