What kinds of books do you like?

I'm a big historical romance buff... but I like the witty ones, not just beau meets belle and he's into her bodice like that and next thing you know they're married and she's pregnant with his heir apparent. My favorite historical romance authors are: Jude Deveraux, Julie Garwood, Catheringe Coulter and Nora Roberts.

They all write great contemporary romance novels as well. Roberts is especially great writing as JD Robb. She has a "In Death" series with a futuristic cop Eve Dallas that's really smart, sassy and edgy. The other day when I was scanning the bookshelf here at the house I snagged an Amanda Quick book and fell in love with it only to find out that AQ is a psuedonym for Jude Deveraux! I stormed through all the Quick paperbacks and after tossing aside an Amanda Scott, I settled on Jo Beverley. And man can she write. Her Malloren series -- and I love series, the Montgomeries are my favorite! -- but yes, her Mallorens are amazing and not at all conventional, which gives some wonderful twists to the historical romance genre.

Let's see, I'm also a HUGE Anne Rice fan. I'm kind of in stasis at the moment. On one hand I felt that the end to the Vampire Chronicles left me hanging but then I also understand that there's not much further she could've gone. Lestat had almost come full circle, it's like he could see himself in Quinn, young, brash, arrogant, gorgeous, vampiric and troubled... hmmm, I think it's time for me to visit her website again and see what's happening.

And of course, I love Harry Potter. I mean how could I not? This is not a badnwagon thing for me, I've always been a fan of British boarding school stories since I was younger. I think I've read virtually every one Enid Blyton ever wrote. Now THERE'S an authoress I adored growing up... I think my imagination was too good at times because I'd get really sad that I couldn't go off and have adventures like the children in her stories.

Um, oh Sydney Sheldon and James Patterson also deserver mention... and I like what I've read of Dan Brown so far. I also went through a Michael Chriton (sp?) phase and I managed "Caribbean" and "Hawaii" by James Mitchner when I was about 15 or 16 years-old.

Ahhh I think I'll cut this here for now... this is a really long entry :-)

No comments: