Sleep is good

I actually took a nap today. Believe me, I have to be near the end of my rope to take a nap and the one I took today was like a tall drink of water on a sweltering summer's day. One of the things I remember from towards the end of my pregnancy and right after Moo was born was how hard it was for me to take a nap! I knew I should, my body was screaming that I needed it but for as long as I can remember I've always been the type of person that when I'm up, I'm up.

An article I just read has eased that thinking a bit though. It talked about a recently concluded study that shows women who sleep five or less hours per night are 32 percent more likely to gain 1-2 pounds per year. Now that might not sound like much, but the article pointed out the negatives that could happen five or so years down the road when the total weight gain is in the region of 10 pounds.

More sleep for the win!

1 comment:

Karlie said...

I like my naps they just give me the relief that I need. But since my husband is not thier in the afternoon I have to use a body pillow.