Shaking in my... hmm, heels?

I'm due on the air tomorrow morning at around 8:15 am. I've been invited to participate on the Burnie Thompson Morning Show on Talk Radio 101 here in Northwest Florida. It's not that I've never been on the radio before - I had my own show during my year at W&L - but I'm just a bundle of nerves. This is exactly how I felt last Friday waiting to see my first column published in the Saturday paper. Definitely not the first time I've written a column, or anything for a paper. And I'm not selling Jamaica short either. But I am from Jamaica, I know the nuances of Jamaican society as only someone who has been born and raised there can understand. The first time I'd ever been to Panama City was last March, and now a scant year later I've had my first column published and I'm going on the radio tomorrow.

To be honest the thing that has me all choked up is the fact that I know I'm a compulsive rambler. Yes, if you were waiting to exhale, let that breath out now, it's nothing deep and dark. I just know that sometimes it's a task for me to reign myself in, especially when I've warmed up to a topic.

I'm not even going to tease the topic (did you notice that I hadn't mentioned it yet?). Take a listen to this segment of the Burnie Thompson Morning Show to get an idea of what's going on :)(Start at around the 55th minute.)

1 comment:

Yamfoot said...

so how did it go?