I did promise, but....

I did say that I'd blog every day but I didn't specify the length, now did I? Had to leave myself an escape clause somewhere else this would become too taxing and defeat the purpose of getting my writing skills back up to scratch.

Today was a slow day. Went to a baby shower, where for the first time Moo was the oldest baby there. Very humbling experience. I was also ashamed but at the same time grateful when another new-mom implied that I must already be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. "I'm not," I said, "I just hide my stuff well." And that's the truth. These days it's more about showing my body to the best advantage and contrary to society's belief today, that doesn't mean baring most of my breasts and belly. I can look quite sharp in a pair of tailored pants and an Oxofrd shirt, thank you. Or at least I think I look pretty decent.

Anyway, today I'm going to lean on someone elses blog. I was surfing through the blogs in my network and came across this entry that had me in stitches. We Jamaicas are a very hilarious lot.

Enjoy.

Panty thief stalks residents
There is a pervert running loose in Milk River, Clarendon, and according to the residents, not even the police can stop him.
Click to read one resident's experience

2 comments:

Jdid said...

we were talking about pre-pregnancy weight here the other day cause my wife was watching top model and there are two girls on there who have babies under a yer yet they are ridiculously thin.

slybabyk said...

Yup, I saw those two as well. Disgusting is what that is, made all my efforts to get back down to size feel worthless *angry face*