The things you don't see

I'm catching up with my two bestfriends from UCU, and one tells me that the brother of someone I knew at UCU hung himself two weeks ago. The girl and I weren't close, but we worked together because of the Dance Comittee myself and my two friends were on, and she's on of those people you'll always remember as being cool. One of the first questions my other bestfriend asked was whether or not the brother was having problems at school. The answer, "No, everything was fine."

Isn't that the way it usually comes out? Either the person in question was extremely troubled, so suicide doesn't come as a surprise, or no one had any idea anything was wrong, but it's always the things you don't see. Everything always seems fine but there's probably one area of the person's life that's falling apart that no one sees. I suppose that sometimes that could even make the situation worse and the person could be driven over the edge wondering what people would think when it comes to light that everything really isn't fine.

I hope God will help her find comfort somehow. Losing a loved one is never easy, no matter what the conditions that they go under are, it's always very, very hard.

No comments: