Doesn't sound like Sunday

I was opening up the house this morning when it hit me, Sunday doesn't sound like Sunday anymore. Yes, I live in the V space between the meeting point of two major roads but still, a couple years ago Sunday morning was still quiet. It's like when I first came down six months ago (I've been here six months already? Now that's depressing.) I wondered where all the traffic on the main road the complex opens onto came from. It just never used to be this congested! Some would say it's a sign of progress. I say it's the sign of uncoming headaches: longer traffic delays, more wasting gas, earlier waking-up times and increased propensity for migraines.

World Kindness Day
So anyway, today is World Kindness Day. And no it's not a random Blue Mountain or Hallmark day, it actually commemorates "the opening day of the first World Kindness Movement® conference held at Tokyo in 1998, and the 35th anniversary of the Small Kindness Movement of Japan, which brought the signatories of the ‘declaration of kindness’ of the World Kindness Movement together in 1997," according to an Australian Kindness website.

Today's ODB (Our Daily Bread) mentioned it as well, which was kinda cool:

Lord, compassion is part of Your character, and
kindness is one of the best ways to show the world what You are like.
May Your compassion fill my heart and spill over into the lives
of everyone I encounter. Amen.

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right Sundays are just not the same. There used to be something different about Sundays....now it's almost like any other day.....especially since I started working a shift job.

Cool blog.

slybabyk said...

Thanks Stunner. :-)

I know how you feel though, I work Fridays to Tuesdays... my weekends are not my own.

Scratchie said...

Hi, Didn't know you had a blogger account. Makes the comments so much easier. The new hustle and bustle kinda just removes the peacefulness of Sundays. Without even realizing it even shopping has become a Sunday reality option.

slybabyk said...

Yeah Scratchie, over here is so much easier. I'm just finishing up copying over my archives then I'll delete the LJ account.

Re Sunday, after I posted the blog and headed out on the road, I realised that they'd closed down the Constant Spring/Dunrobin intersection, so that had to do with most of the noise I had been hearing.

Desiree said...

I find Sundays are quieter -- within my home, anyway. I don't tend to go shopping on Sundays - the neighborhood is quiet too. I do shiftwork, and do work some Sundays, but, all the same Sundays do have a different feel as the kids are home from school then - it is a 'downtime' no rushing around, the kids homework is usually done by Sunday.