Surviving

I've been feeling buffeted in a million directions, and the Lord is right there with me. This morning I was sitting behind the laptop trying to concentrate on editing but tears kept welling up and blocking my vision, then I heard the church-goers across the way singing a hymn and before I knew it was I singing along and my tears had dried. Now here at work, someone has a radio going and as I came out the bathroom I heard this chorus:

I'm a survivor,
I'm not gonna give up,
I'm not gon' stop,
I'm gonna work harder,
I'm a survivor,
I'm gonna make it,
I will survive,
Keep on survivin'


And then the very next song was Shaggy's Strength of a Woman. I think God is trying to show me that I do have the strength to keep my chin up and get through this. And that's just what I'm going to do :)

No comments: