Amidst the demonstrations

So I'm here at work, despite the demonstrations on the road. The buses have stopped running and although it seems that most demonstrations are peaceful, there are road blocks. In here feels like a Sunday, but demonstrations or not, the paper has to go to press. And I don't mind really, being here is always better than the alternative - being at the house.


I'm also wondering if I'll have my first Critical Thinking class later today. I figure I'll call up to the school in a little while and ask. No rush, I'm going to be here all day anyay LOL


So I was reading today's Our Daily Bread and it's a very good one about marriage today. I couldn't help but smile as I read it though, because I know that J doesn't need any reminders that he needs to love me :) And it's a very comforting thought. Our pressing problems now have their root in matters we can't control, like my visa. As always though, the Bible passage and the ODB message were very comforting, and I had to take time out thank God for giving me a husband who doesn't need to be told to put our love and our marriage first, because it's already there at #1.

A marriage that's neglected

Brings pain and bitterness;

But one that's daily nurtured

Brings peace and happiness. —Sper



Nurture your marriage and you'll nourish your soul.

No comments: