Thank God it's Saturday

Wow, this has been one helluva busy week! Even with J at work yesterday I was still running around for the better part of the day. I actually woke up at 6am and went to work with him - for which he was happy because he got to sleep in the car while I drove. I needed to fill a prescription at the base clinic, which opens at 7:30am so I just went along and read a book in a back room until they opened. I was in and out like a flash, no waiting, nothing. I think I'll always go early when I have prescriptions to fill there.

Thursday was just nuts. We went to the shop to try and pull the back left rotor off J's crashed car since mine broke in two, yes I'm not kidding, the wheel has been dragging for ages. Now while that means I've only had three working brakes and only one tire pushing my RWD car I have been able to do the most amazing drifts for a car with no LSD. But sadly that's no more because the new rotor is fitted on the car, no more sliding for now unless I really put my mind to it. We had to use a big flat head screwdriver looking power tool to cut off the panel behind the door just to get the tire out. (The reason that car is hitched up down at the shop is because it was totalled when someone rearended it.) We also took off the aftermarket struts and springs. The plan is for J to put them on his car and I'll get his Intrac suspension setup. I was filthy by the time we left. I feel off a car I was trying to climb over and banged up my knee and I also sliced my arm a bit on some jagged metal from where we had to cut away. Sometimes I really do with I was stronger then I could pull most of these nuts and bolts off myself!

Wednesday was just as bad. J and I spent most of the day hauling around 2 sets of rims and 8 tires in Luan's truck - he's Pam's boyfriend - and boy was I exhausted after that. At one point while we were waiting on the tires to be mounted on the rims and then I balanced I gave up and went to sit in the air conditioning in the truck :-) Besides it has a CD player and since the one in my car is still busted, hey I had to take advantage of it for the short time we had the truck.

Interspersed with all of that I've been playing the Sims 2 as usual. Now I've figured out how you can check out my sims page and see what I've been up to: http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=115821

Tonight we're going to try to go to the state fair. Last night J and I went to see "Saw" with the Shift_ Sideways gang. That movie was so harrowing it gave me a headache! I had to snatch two Advil from the bathroom afterwards before we went cruising. So I definitely need some moderate excitement tonight LOL

No comments: