[Enter subject here]

I'm bad with making up headlines or subjects so I'll leave that tag up there for now. Just woke up awhile ago, have my tea in front of me and I'm going through the email motions and seeing what's happening in Jamaica. God Bless the internet for that else I'd be so behind. Unlike my best friend in New York, who can tune into a Jamaican television station I have to catch my news on websites like the Jamaica Observer or the Jamaica Gleaner.

Jennifer and Tony's wedding was beautiful. The church was ablaze with many candles and it set quiet a romantic mode when they turned off the church lights. The ceremony was short and sweet with a liturgical dance and songs sung by various members of the wedding couple's respective families. I sat on the bride's side and her family is so nice. I didn't really know anyone there but everyone started chatting with me and telling me family anecdotes, it was quite nice. I nearly lost it when they pointed out Jennifer's mother though. And during the procession when she was ushered in to take her seat it was all I could do not to bawl. Moments like that really bring it home to me that my own Mommy's gone and that even if J and I renew our vows 10,000 times she'll never be there to watch. I didn't cry though. I feel quite proud too, especially since nobody in my pew had any tissue it would've been disasterous.

After the ceremony I offered to help carry the flowers from the church to the reception (which reminds me that I now need to vaccuum my back seat) and so I raced on base to drop them off because I also had to go home to pick up clothes for J and take them on base to him at work. He cleans up so nicely that I love when we have an opportunity to get dressed up and go out even if we didn't stay very long at the reception. Thank goodness we got to the NCO club when we did because we barely managed to catch the last of the food!

I guess on one hand I was a bit down because J and I didn't have an elaborate wedding ceremony. (We got married at the house of the JP with our two friends as witnesses.) But the longer I've thought about it the happier I am that we got hitched that way. It suited us more. I thought about how people were trying to sneak into the church during the wedding procession and I think if that happened to me I may have just fainted, pitched a fit or just broke down bawling. Besides that, Jamaican wedding receptions are notoriously LONG. And God bless Jennifer and Tony's bridal party because their toasts were all short and sweet and no other family members wanted the microphone. Jamaican wedding toasts? Everybody has something to say and it's usually embarassing stories from your past or lewd jokes. In the end I'm glad we escaped that!

So congratulations Mr. & Mrs. A Burts, Jr. welcome to wonderful wedded world :-)

No comments: