Dishwashers etc

The dishwasher is such a fabulous invention. Normally just wash all the dishes when I wake up and stick them in the dishwasher to dry since it saves space not having a drainer on the counter. J and I don't generate that much dirty stuff, especially when he's off working days but yesterday I cooked lunch and dinner and we had our neighbors over for some Jamaican food. Loooots of pots and pans and dishes, so I just rinsed them off and chucked 'em in the dishwasher. I mean it comes free with the apartment so why not? :-P

In other news, I'm seriously considering applying to LSUS to start my MA this spring. I'd do an MA in liberal arts and the good news is that I don't have to take the GRE to apply. When the director of the MA program called me back with that good news I nearly leapt to the ceiling with joy (1. because it's so expensive to take the general GRE much less a subject test, 2. that'd be some hard core studying to get everything in before Dec 11 and 3. I never do very well on standardized tests especially multiple choice tests)

Now I just need to call to find out which visa I need, if I need one at all. I hope not because instate tuition is SO much cheaper!!! *crossing fingers*

No comments: