Mission Trip: We're here!

We're here! Apologies, but I'm honestly too tired to blog properly, so here's the email I sent out a little earlier tonight...

I'm happy to report that my mission trip team from Victory World Church has arrived safely in Managua. We've settled in and are preparing for tomorrow (also known as getting some much needed sleep). 

I'm also happy to report that we arrived with all our luggage, including nine ministry bags. We've brought supplies such as Spanish language Bibles, arts and crafts, gifts for sponsored children, and even graduation gowns for the children who will graduate from Kindergarten on November 22. (Centro Escuela LifeLink breaks from November to February. The missionaries head home to their families and come back in January to prepare for the new school year.)

We had an interesting trip down that included plane technical difficulties, and circling Miami airspace until POTUS left in Air Force One. I definitely wish I'd been able to catch a glimpse of Air Force One out our window, but needless to say that didn't happen. Arriving at the airport here definitely reminded me of Jamaica, and I'm very excited to learn more about the work our team will be doing starting tomorrow. 

En la maƱana! Dios bendiga. 



No comments: