Cray cray confirmation

Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go back home. Because you believed, it has happened.” And the young servant was healed that same hour. (Matthew 8:13 NLT)

I shot up off the bed this morning after I read this verse. This is from today's Joyce Meyer's Promises for Your Everyday Life devotional, and the word struck a very strong cord for my roommate sisters. We prayed this exact scripture over one of our new friends from the Centro Escuelar LifeLink kitchen yesterday. Margarita asked for prayer for her son who is having his head examined to check for brain lesions on Friday, and Linda shared this example of healing as we laid hands on her and prayed. Jesus didn't have to be at the centurion's house to heal his servant, and we know that we didn't have to be at Margarita's home to pray for God to heal her son. Margarita's faith was warm and bright, and as we stood in a circle around her, you could feel her love for her son and her faith rising up.

Powerful. 

I'll be sharing today's verse with Margarita (using the Spanish NIV Bible on the YouVersion Holy Bible app) because I fully intend to be back in the kitchen washing dishes. We're not just an exta accessory in the kitchen, Linda and I. We're not just an extra addition because of the mission trip. We're needed because this week the lunchroom ladies are short one of their team members, and it was a wonderfully fulfilling feeling to hug and sit and chat with the ladies yesterday after serving all day in their world. They sure do love the children in the school, and serve with excellence. The lunchroom lead lady Doribel runs a very tight ship, and I enjoyed being pulled and stretched to turn the cucharros, platos, and vasos around quickly for the next set of students to be fed. This verse should be confirmation for Margarita of God's promise and intention to continue Jeffrey's healing. 

Linda and I are going in, and I know today is going to be a great day. Glori a Dios. 

---

UPDATE: I wasn't able to post this blog before we left for the LifeLink base this morning. So I wanted to tag on an update that today at the school was GREAT. Margarita, the other lunchroom ladies, and the mission staff were all encouraged by the confirmation, and we had a great time working together in the kitchen. Yesterday, the let us wash, rinse, and dry how we wanted. Today, they were comfortable enough with us to direct traffic, NAND we washed, rinsed, and dried their way. I'm pretty glad we requested to stay on kitchen duty because we've had extra time to building relationships and minister to each other by serving each other while serving the children at the school. Something special happens in those moments when you're all working hard together for a common goal. Something much more powerful than providing only money and things. Common sense, right? But it's one thing to know that and something else altogether to experience it for a full 8-hour day. The only thing I can think of that comes close is my experience with my Leadership Bay teammates.

I think I've caught on to why so many people have been telling me I'm going to come back changed.

I'll try to post a few vignettes when we get back from our second church service tonight. I'm excited because this church is where many of the lunchroom ladies and their families worship. 

No comments: