So what's a drift knob? ;-)

Scratchie - They're also called spin turn knobs and according to the Cusco website:

"This installs in the e-brake to eliminate the need to press the button in order to release the lever."

So pretty much it helps weaklings like me handbrake because you don't have to fight to depress the e-brake button before pulling up the brake. When you're ready you make sure that the knob is depressed and that's the equivalent of having the button permanently pushed in, so you can just yank as you need to and when you let go the e-brake will drop back into place. To engage the e-brake all you need to do is push out on the knob and you're back to normal. I love having one. It scares the hell out of some mechanics :-) At first they assume it's there for show but then when they can't get the car to stay still after parking it they figure out it has a purpose... most of them anyway, the other night when I had to get the valve stem fixed I had to jump in and rescue one mechanic. He was ready to just jump out my car with it still rolling backways down a slope!

Average name-brand drift knob price = US$20.00

2 comments:

Scratchie said...

I'll come see what it looks like on yours and how it works one of these days.

slybabyk said...

Sure no problem, just as soon as I fix my power steering. All the drift knobs in the world won't make that car handbrake turn without it :-)