Mijn auto dromen

My car dreams. There really is nothing like winning to whet your appetite for more trophies and accolades while at the same time reminding you that your position is unpredictable and could very well be tenuous. Last night at the JMMC Awards presentation for the 2005 season I copped the 2nd place Lady Dexterity Driver trophy. And as sat there with it (at least 2 feet tall, I swear) on the chair in front of me, I watched while FWD ace, who sat beside me, went up for six and other people and teams racked up trophies that easily totaled in the double digits. Now, it's often said that this motorsports thing is really an addiction, but while most people think that it has to do with the adrenaline rush, many forget that motorsports also carries the high price tags of other drugs, you know cocaine, heroine, that sort of thing.

Techincally, all I'd needed was a car with a rollcage and I could've competed in sprint events and maybe even a rally or two. Maybe not just a roll cage, let's add the 5-digit entry fees as well. Okay, wait, race suit, helmet... mind you I have no sponsors and the income bracket I'm in puts me out of reach of that new NHT double amount thing much less to say affording all these things. But yet everyone keeps telling me that so-and-so sells pipe for rollcages and you can get a cage from X party, as if I can just go out and charge it to some credit card that I must have because I've run a couple dexterities. And let's face it, I not buying no cheap rollcage when it could very well be the thing that stands between me and a fairy-lights coffin ensemble. So yeah, let's stick with dexterities for now :-p

Oh, and I've figured it out, by the way. How to increase my aggression at least 5-fold without having to lift a finger on my part. I'm just going to get the annoucer to ask all the spectators to turn their backs meanwhile I'm doing my run :-D Yeah, yeah, I know hehehe but it's an idea.

That said, what I really have to do is fix my power steering pump between now and Feb 26. According to the JMMC chairman, no power steering would be a good time to show everyone that I'm a big driver. "More like a good time to show everything that I haven't been to the gym in awhile," I couldn't help but reply with a grin. No one has any idea what my car weighs, even the mechanic at the front end shop was like, "Lady, you sure you can drive this? Yu sure yu nuh wah park it an tek taxi?" because he could barely drive it from Lyndhurt Road by RJR to Beechwood Avenue to come and pick me up! I'll get it together though, this will be my last dexterity until at least October, I have to make it count.

3 comments:

Mad Bull said...

Good luck widdit. Does it really cost 10 digit fees just to enter a rally? Maybe the thing to do is to tear up all the established drivers in the dexterity events and maybe someone will decide to sponsor you!

slybabyk said...

5-digit entry fees... tearing up the established drivers sounds like a plan though heheh it's a goal though, and like i'd said in another post, i plan to aim high, so that's as good a place to aim as any :)

Scratchie said...

5 digit entry plus the four or five digit US$ figures it takes to get your car rally prepped. :(