The most amazing thing I've ever seen

My doctor put the ultrasound transducer against my abdomen and there it was, our baby, in my womb... jumping around! I nearly rolled off the obstetrics examination table in my haste to get a closer look at the ultrasound screen. That first ultrasound pic is the one taken at approximately less than 6 weeks. Barely anything there, just the gestation sac and a small dot in the centre that's the yolk (sp?) sac. Another one was done at about 8 weeks but I forgot to ask for a print out. That one showed a really big head and a massive heart beating away. Nothing could've prepared me for the one today :-)

Now don't think I haven't been reading the books, websites, pamphlets... anything I can get my hands on really, so technically I know our baby's size and what's developed already (tiny arms and legs!) but I don't think anything can prepare you for the first sight of your child merrily bouncing around in your womb... with you unable to feel a thing. I knew it must've been an idiotic outburst, but I couldn't help it. At first he/she was just curled up resting (pretty much like you see there in the second ultrasound) and then next thing I knew it had "gotten up" and was leaping around. Arms out wide, legs out wide, looking all cute and goofy (which J swears means that it's going to come out looking/acting just like me, since according to him, in a good way, I'm goofy as hell *grin*). All I could say was, "But I can't feel anything!" My doctor just smiled and said, "No Kim, not just yet." Amazing sight, the only thing that detracted from it all was that J wasn't there beside me watching too.

1 comment:

Mad Bull said...

Yes, I remember those first shots of MBJr. They were good.