Coming to work early is good

Most of the times coming in early can be down right tedious but today it's okay. I had another near brush with a solid surface this morning in Eastwood Gardens and I needed to just sit and think. Especially with the Corbeaux seat in I keep forgetting that the stabilizer bar isn't connected so while I slid gracefully around the hard left, I nearly mounted the right sidewalk aiming to sweep the hard right.

Mind you since then I've been analysing whether or not it was me or Max and I've deduced that it's both of us. If I'd remembered that Max won't slide right smoothly until those end links are put on then I wouldn't have been trying to drift that corner in the first place. I did it beautifully on Wednesday but now I realise that was because I was in such a rush to get down here (I thought the gift they had waiting on me here was from J) that I went into the set of corners so hard that I actually used the momentum to flick the car around the right corner.

Who ever knew driving required this much thought?

And as Basil said yesterday when I tried to pass off not going that Nismo made Trust gear stick knobs on 'female automobile ignorance', the time has passed when I could play that card. Now I'm expected to know that a Starlet has a 1300cc engine and that a Infinity G35 is RWD but not the G20, that's FWD (no laughing please!).

Anyway, coming to work early gives me the chance to sit and think about all this stuff. It gives me the chance to actually drink my French Vanilla at a slow place and not fling down whatever food I've brought with me at a speed that will make my stomach upset by noon. And I can actually read through Our Daily Bread and not skim over the Bible reading so that I can dive into work.

Now if only I could come up with some benefits for waking up early because that's something I really don't like to do.

No comments: