Pipe dream

Who was I trying to kid, there's no way I could support another sport compact car with Q (my 1993 Nissan 240SX) at home still needing lots of work. Last night J took her to our neighborhood drag strip (Red River Raceway) and the best time she posted on the 1/4 mile was 15.44, which is dismal considering with the SR20DET engine that's in there she should be able to run 12s. Yesterday I had to call Marcel and tell him that he's going to have to add me to the list of people that didn't buy his Mirage. If I get a car out here at all it's going to have to be a straight, normal, everyday point A to B ride, which is going to depress me, I know but it's all about what you can afford.

Trust me, think twice before you get into tuning and the import car scene and think doubly hard before you get a car with boost or upgrade your car to a turbo forced induction system; it's a DISEASE I tell you! I've been going through severe withdrawly pains since I got separated from Q and Joe Rockett (J's 240SX). Yeah, I know I'll be okay, it's nothing life threatening or anything like that but it's hard to be stuck here contemplating how many places I can hit in one run knowing that the taxi fare is X amount of dollars and that walking any distance is out of the question because you can't carry much and you'd probably faint in the heat.

I guess I'm just used to being alot more independent :-(

Q and JoeRockett at IFO Red River, earlier this year... to view pictures from the even Click Here:

No comments: