Preggo Dutty Wine

Yeah, so who says pregnant women can't dance? My knees, that's who! So we were having audio problems with the PC, which resolved themselves as mysteriously as they appeared and I went to YouTube.com and typed in 'dancehall queen' to find a video to check if the sound was back. J was teasing me about using that search, so I said that you can find anything on the website. To prove my point I searched for 'dutty wine'. Strangely enough, there are a whole bunch of short vids up there with people practising in their living or bedrooms. One set of girls had mussi three up there and at one point I was saying, "No man, them just warming up," but then the vids finished and J was like, "Please, all of them flop." So I got up to show J how one of my writers did bus the move one day at work when no one was looking. I position, give the neck two flick, proceed to bend my knees to start to whine and then clack, clack! I kinda jus froze mid position then looked at J and asked him, "Did you hear that?" I hadn't even started and my knees were popping like rice krispies! DWL We both started laughing and he was like, "Look, just sit your ass back down in that chair." Ahhhhhh I missed being home with this boy, who says married couples don't got jokes *grin*

Pop Yo Trunk

Speaking of being here at home, I was initiated into more of the ways of the dirty, dirty south on Friday night. We had stopped at Sonic, which is one of the gear head meet up spots here, and we were sipping on some lime-aids (did I ever miss THOSE) talking with one of our friends, when we look across the parking lot and see a black dude with a forest green Dodge Stratus-looking car roll in, music blaring... but then with his trunk open. Now, I'm thinking to myself Okay, maybe dude forget to get something and opened the trunk so he wouldn't forget. I do that with my bonnet sometimes to make sure I remember to check my oil and whatnot. So we're there chatting, hanging out and all of a sudden the music goes up a notch and the trunk starts to move! I mean move. Like up and down hydraulic movements.

Our friend takes one look at my face, busts out laughing and asks if I've never heard the rappers talking about 'poppin the trunk' to show off all the audio stuff they got in the back - with hydraulics and everything, not just normal trunk opening like in that picture there. Apparently not. J and I were like, hmmm... there's a reason we don't do that in Jamaica. It'd take just two of the crackheads at the Waterloo Rd/Hope Road intersection to liberate you of all your ICE... one to argue with you about cleaning your windshield, and another one to swipe all the amps and subs out the back... what will these guys think of next?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog, great post. Nice to meet you.

Mad Bull said...

Crazy! I guess its the next step for people with the "Bling Bling" mentality.

slybabyk said...

Thanks Leon! Nice to meet you too.

slybabyk said...

Trus me mad bull, these ppl mad fi true. I know that some ppl can look at me and hubby as gear heads and say that we're crazy bcuz of some of the stuff we buy for our cars... but bwoy, ur trunk? Tp each his own I guess.

Anonymous said...

It amazes me that 8 months have passed since you shared that you are pregnant. Thank you for journey. Wishing a safe labour- nuh too much pain and that your daughter will be as delighted as you are as she makes her entrance into the world. Enjoy these last pampering, because when she arrives, it's all about her. So, Dutty Wine all you want.

slybabyk said...

hey nickie,
yup, part of me feels that time has flown but part also feels that this has been going on long enough lol right now i'm just taking time out to enjoy maternity leave. i've still got lots to do house-wise but i can take as many naps and breaks as i want!
thanks for your best wishes :)

Jdid said...

lol, look try an cut out the dutty wine business wid dat baby on the way.

slybabyk said...

Jdid, don't worry that mission was quickly aborted hehehe

Scratchie said...

Racing...now dutty whine....Ok what else baby goin to endure before he/she even born.....ahhhhh bwooooyyyyyyyyy