The List (Dec. 2007)

Here's the first annual Christmas list. I consider creating this list my own brand of retail therapy because if I were to go out and purchase all these items I'd be up to debt in my eyeballs. Writing things down (typing things out?) has always made me feel better and I expect this exercise to be no exception. I might even make one up for Valentine's Day and any other gift giving occasion.

Anyway, feel free to leave a comment with your list. And why not, retail therapy doesn't always have to mean breaking out the credit cards and watching your debt soar.

So in no particular order, here we go:

  • A new pea coat from J. Crew.

On the list because... When you factor in the color I want (red), the size I need (small, tall) and the shipping, the price tag ends up being over $150.

  • New sweaters or shirts from Long Elegant Legs or Express

On the list because... The curse of the gangly people strikes whenever I try to buy shirts or sweaters. I've never owned a true long-sleeved shirt or sweater in my size. Sure, I have sweaters that are two sizes too big and just about manage to reach my wrists, but to find a shirt/sweater that's actually my size AND doesn't stop mid arm and have to be rolled up requires primo bucks. I mean $50 at the cheapest. The ones I managed to buy have been going on a long time now are thankfully still going fairly strong so I'll just pray that continues for awhile to come.

  • A Nintendo Wii with Brain Age and Mario Party 8.

On the list because... Unless you're been under a rock you'll know that even though this is the cheapest console, it's still over $250 and that's not including the games that go for about $60 a pop each (another $120), for a grand total of $370.

  • A new switchable bezel watch.

On the list because... I think the universe conspired against me on this one, folks. I had a switchable bezel watch (think Gucci, but I had the poor man version) that was ticking along just fine, then I idly said to J' I'd like a new one because the goldish finish on the band was fading. Very next day I lose the damn watch somewhere between home, daycare and work. Go figure. The price? Apparently only high because I don't like the look of the cheaper watches, sigh.

  • A pair of Puma Sprints

On the list because... I wore my old blue on white ones to death, the only ones I can find online are about $83 a pop in some non-appealing colors and I'm upset about that. Is it too hard to ask for an afforable blue on white or black on white pair? I won't even ask for pink on white as I know that with my long feet I'll have to settle for a men's shoe size (9 1/2 if anyone out there's deeling generous). I usually get depressed looking for shoes as a rule and nothing is more depressing than ugly, expensive shoes that don't even come in your size.

  • New makeup (I'm talking clear eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, the works)

On the list because... For the life of me I cannot find the pouch I put everything in the last time I needed to transport my makeup somewhere other than home. One piece by iteself isn't too bad, but buying back all of that stuff at the same time is no picnic. Especially because with my ezema I can't buy just any old discount brand makeup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get most, if not all, these items. Go for it!

I want a house. LOL! Yu si 'ow mi ches' 'igh?

slybabyk said...

jamaican dawta... i wouldn't call that ches' high. i'd call that ambition my girl, after all, what's nicer than owning your own home!

i gotta take the makeup off the list though. searched this morning and found all the stuff right there in the original make up case LOL i can't even tell J cause I know when he finds out he's going to laugh me to scorn!!