We're having a girl!

According to my doctor, she's nice and healthy, and actually my doctor was really proud of me because I was asking all sorts of questions like: So there's no extra fluid behind the neck? The intestines are all inside? The vertebrae in the spine and the ribs all look okay? Thigh bone is a good size? He actually turned back on the ultrasound machine and went over everything again, explaining as he went. "Usually I just take the measurements I need and that's it because most people either don't have a clue or don't care," he said. So he explained the angle from which all the information is collected, like that the view of the intestines and the bladder is taken from the head down. He also explained why some couples who are told they are having a girl end up with a boy. Apparently lots of doctors/midwives don't see a penis and declare the baby a girl, but according to my doctor it's the absence of a penis and the presence of a vulva that means you've got a girl.

New ultrasound pictures as soon as I get my hands on a digital camera. I forgot mine in the States and I'm waiting on J to Mailpac them to me...

No comments: