It's been awhile...

It's been awhile since I've blogged. A lot has gone down but as I sit here all I can think about is food and when my pasta will be ready so I can finish making my tuna casserole. I even have dinner mapped out. Mince in my special slow-cooked sauce with spaghetti; al dente spaghetti... there's no other way to eat the stuff... Okay, took a break to do the tuna, yum.

Well, we raced on Sunday. I placed third in my RWD class and first for ladies, but it's time for a mindset. I want to compete with the big boy's times. Maybe not for the rest of this year. Let's face it Dex 2 in February will be my last until October. But although winning the ladies class is cool, I want to do times that are no more than 10 seconds of the day's leader.

Crazy sideways action at Jamspeed/JMMC Dexterity 1

I've finally gotten MSN working on my laptop again. Not quite sure where the conflict was but it's working now so I'm happy. Who'd ever have thought that we'd become so attached to the internet and these instant messengers :)

7 comments:

Scratchie said...

Good show Kim. I didn't see your last run. Had to get out of there. So Smiling_Kay is gonna have your neck when next you meet. She drives pretty well. Any mistakes she made was due to "youthful impatience".

slybabyk said...

True words. I think that if she'd calmed down and driven even a little smoother she would've had me. I spun out in front the finish and gave up 3-5 seconds, so I wouldn't have been upset. Wait, no lie. I would've been PISSED, but an understanding pissed :-)

I just spoke to her on MSN. She seems like a really cool person, and like I explained, after the Feb 26 dex I'm out of commission until the last one in October, so I expect HER to win dex 3 and 4. I also told her not to set me as her benchmark but people like Jodie, Basil, Raj, Dion, Teach etc... aim high, achieve much!

Mad Bull said...

One of these days I should try that stuff out, you know... We'll see.

Mad Bull said...

In the meantime, if I ever rob a bank, you will drive the getaway car! ;-)

slybabyk said...

rofl@madbull

What kind of car do you drive? If it's not too low, it may be a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon :-)

Anonymous said...

yeah man it was a nice showing on your behlaf, i knew you could drive but goddang! you really showed them. I especially liked how you drove clean and cars that seemed around your size or smaller had to be reversing. go thru me dupps-ette!

Scratchie said...

Madbull can stay there chat..him nuh know what him getting himself into....it might be better to stay at the bank and get caught..:D