Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. Midnight really did catch me in my bed, but I know that heading to bed was definitely the right decision... after all, I'm going to become a Mommy this year. Yes, J and I are pregnant :) We found out on December 23, but we pretty much told family. It's early days yet, and as my Aunt P says, we need to take it easy because the first 3 months are tentative and anything can happen, but I can't help but be really happy.

Of course there are alot of considerations, first of all is the fact that I'm here in Jamaica and J's over there in the States, but we've been making this work so far against the odds, and we're fighters. We've both been through alot and here we are, so we'll make it. But today's ODB really brought something home to me, because I'll admit, this is all kind of scary. I've never been pregnant before, so this is all so new, and yes, I do have his Mom, but this is all so hard without my own mother. Today's devotion was about those giants of the Bible, like Abraham who, "By faith... obeyed when he was called... And he went out, not knowing where he was going." — Hebrews 11:8. I think this is one of those things. Motherhood is one of those big unknowns for me, but God has his plan, and this child definitely isn't unwanted, so I know that with faith God is going to show us the steps to take and be our guide and comfort whenever things get rough.

3 comments:

Scratchie said...

Congrats and oh so true...He doesn't call the qualified...He qualifies the called......Happy 2006

slybabyk said...

amen... gosh scratchie, that was really poignant (sp?) and so, so true!

Mad Bull said...

Congratulations on your nre baby Kevin. Yes, God sent me a message with the baby's name and sex. :))