The power of the 'Net

Have you ever stopped and thought about how much the Internet has permeated our lives? I know I'm not the only one who's depressed when the Internet connection drops. Or feels like their life has ended when the computer is on the fritz. This point has been hit home before, and quite forcefully, but sometimes subtlety works best.

Yesterday I burnt my thumb on the rack in the oven while making my dinner. I didn't even hesitate. I walked over to the computer, pulled up a Google window, typed 'first aid burns' and hit the link for a page at About.com. Hey, presto! Instant information. And it's a good thing I did that too. Apparently it would've been a very bad idea to put oil on the burned area, which is what I'd originally been planning to do.

Just a thought to leave you with so you can ponder how the Internet has permeated your life too :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well let's see now. Online friends. People I've met after chatting for years on MSN. I check every medication given to me online. Lots of research and source material for just about anything and everything.