The second trimester but...

... I keep getting teased that I'm not pregnant! LOL Last week at the dexterity (I was wearing that ladies mini-polo shirt in one of the pictures below) I had a friend of mine look at me and say, "Kim stop tell lie. Afta yu nuh pregnant, a jus sympathy yu a look." I nearly died laughing. I couldn't blame him, this was after I'd gotten him to get me not only a cup of soup, but also stand in line for my lunch and then go back for a soda. Everyone else who was present at the time mirrored his statement, that I couldn't possible be all of 4 months pregnant. I said to them, but he's seen the ultrasound. Then they launched into the fact that anyone can photoshop an ultrasound and they're sure that anyone can find one on Ultrasound.com. "But I feel fat," I persisted.

Who told me to say that! "You feel fat because before you did look mawga," was one response and I really couldn't say anything to that. I'd gone down to 125 lbs last year, which is dismal for someone who is 6'2", but I was depressed about having to leave J. I'm up to about 136 lbs now which is better, but still about 9 or so lbs short of what I was 3 years ago before my mother died. Then this morning my father's baby mother came downstairs and said the same thing. My brother is just about 4 months old, so she clearly remembers being pregnant, and she just shakes her head whenever she looks at my stomach.

But like I said last week, if I'm not pregnant, then there has to be something else seriously wrong with me to explain the throwing up, lack of sleep, fevers, frequently going to the bathroom, moodiness/irritability and amazing urge to eat :-)

2 comments:

Mad Bull said...

Cho! Bet them that you are pregnant. Tell them that if you are pregnant, they have to change "X" amount of dirty diapers...

slybabyk said...

LOL that would be funny huh? Well, tomorrow is my next obstetrics appointment. So hopefully I'll get another ultrasound. Those things really are marvelous :-)