Makes it all worthwhile

Being a working Mom, a good wife and trying to get an honors masters degree all at the same time often feels as though I'm visiting some psycho sadomasochist fetish on myself. Nights like last Monday when I was up until almost 2 am busting my brain over this paper come to mind. J' stayed up with me as long as he could doing his best to talk me out of throwing in the towel — it's much appreciated, Muffin, cause I did well and want to go sleep.

I'm glad he pushed me to complete it though because the paper counts for 17 points out of the 100 for the course. I felt terrible the next morning because I was sure I was going to get a depressing grade, but instead I opened my grade book today to see something that makes all the pain and sacrifice worthwhile:


(Click to view a larger image)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh-my-GOD!!! Congrats, girl! So proud of you. And there you were thinking that you had gotten - what? A depressing grade, my foot. Keep up the good work. :D

slybabyk said...

Thanks jamaican dawta! I was up again late last night making sure that this week's paper keeps up the same standard. After those glowing comments, I'd hate to let him down! :-D

Anonymous said...

Congrats girl! I'm so proud of you. How do you do it all? I can barely manage work much less a husband and child. I am really proud of you.