"Love in the Age of Texting"

Saw this on the news wire here at work and thought it was very interesting.

Rule of Thumbs: Love in the Age of Texting
By Natalie Y. MooreSunday, September 16, 2007

I once had a boyfriend who was Mr. Text-o-Rama.
He never wanted to talk, but he always wanted to text. To him, the only way to communicate was via thumb.

I remember a Saturday afternoon I spent with a female friend when I didn't have my cellphone handy. By the evening, I had a logjam of text messages from him. The final mess of a message inquired whether our relationship was over because of my "lack of communication."
I called him. He didn't answer.

Click here to read the rest.

1 comment:

Jdid said...

this new technology is creating a new generation of geeks and socially awkward folk. they cant hold decent conversations or even say hi without texting. plus i'm ashamed of how texting is killing the english language. its sad