Mommy's Night Out

I'm still around but now that I have a job (even if it is only a temp one) I've been keeping so busy that blogging definitely has slid down on my list of things to do.

Right alongside baby's many firsts: rolling over, starting solids, sleeping through the night etc... I've realised that there are quite a few 'Mommy Firsts' as well. Aside from the ones to do with mommy-baby bonding (like nursing and cuddling) there are many things that are quite fun to be able to do again. The first one I remember clearly was bundling all my maternity clothes into a bag to be donated. Since I had to wait months to get my other clothes from Jamaica I was in those elephant threads for far too long after Moo was born for my comfort. Other first included the first time I was able to spend a long time away from Moo. That was rough on me because I missed her but it was also liberating in a weird way.

Friday night marked another first: Mommy's Night Out. Two friends and I hit one of the clubs here for Lady's Night. Amazingly enough I was able to fit into one of my pre-preggo going out pants but I did have to get a new top to deal with what little mommy-tummy I've got left. Naturally since I'm in back bush north west Florida there was no dancehall to be heard and the juggling was dismal but I still had fun, after all I didn't have to pay to get in and I drank for free before 12.

I know it's not something I'll be doing very often, but it was nice to get out the house and dance and hang out with the girls for a bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No dancehall??? :O arrrrgggghhhhh!!!! how could they?

Jdid said...

its all baby steps. soon the little one will be crawling, then walking and talking.

today is the first day of daycare for my yout and his mom is freaking out

slybabyk said...

We put our girl in day care just over a month ago and I won't lie it's been rough. That in itself was one big drama but now things have settled down, thank the Lord!

Mad Bull said...

Y'all looking good still. Glad you had fun.