Catching up

Gosh, it really has been ages since I last blogged. You never really notice until you log in and see the last blogged date that Blogger so handily displays on the dashboard page. (Thanks to you too Nadz for pointing out how long it's been!) Needless to say alot has happened in the past couple weeks. Of course a fair amount of that has to do with the girl... so I'll start there.

Last night pretty much sums up where she is now, on the path to baby independence. I spread a plastic drop cloth in the kitchen and fed her vienna sausage and baked beans while she fed herself a slice of toast. Last week I watched her stand up against the dishwasher and wail away at it while "talking" to me and laughing. She also fell asleep in the pool - yes, in the pool. Being a parent is amazing, all these little moments when taken together make for memories that I'm sure I can share with her and tease her with when she's older. The sausage and beans episode had me cringing because for some reason she likes to toss her food around before settling down to eat... I'm telling myself that's just a phase. The pool, now that was nice. We had her in a baby life vext towing her around the pool when at one point I said to J, "Babe, does she just have her eyes closed against the sun, or what?" Nope. My girl was fast asleep. No one could believe it because we were at the public base pool with kids laughing and carrying all around her. Adorable.

One of the other glass balls we all juggle is of course work. I'm not too happy with myself that I haven't been writing a column, but I want to focus more on learning how to write editorials and ensuring that the opinion pages are the best product I can put out there. I've already contributed $10 to the "Error Pig" at work and I'm not trying to pay for style books and donuts for the whole department at the end of the year. (We contribute $5 whenever an error someone has made results in a correction.) Both mine had to do with the weekly poll question. Just goes to show that it wasn't a fluke why I failed A Level accounts. Maaaaad LOL Other than that I could myself as truly blessed. The work load isn't by any means light but I work in a fun department and have a great boss. Seriously cannot complain.

Looking forward to my Aunt and cousin coming across the pond to visit soon. Unfortunately they've cancelled J's vacation leave (which we put in from January, but anyway, let me not get started there). So needless to say it's not going to be as much fun as we'd planned and if it wasn't for my Aunt and cousin I'd definitely reschedule, but such is life. At least we could rearrange the plans so we'll be together on our anniversary. I'm going to see if we can get some go-kart action going... that should be really fun :)

Lastly, we've been enjoying our new home. There are some growing pains with our homeowners' association but I don't regret us moving because it is truly amazing to be able to own our own home at our age. And it's so cozy!

I've got to appologize to anyone who was looking for an opinion type blog. Don't have that in my tonight at the moment although I do have some views on people driving new parents crazy and what we do to make things bad on ourselves, but right now I just want to unwind and do some simming...

Ciao.

PS - I aced my first MA class with 98% ;)

3 comments:

Jdid said...

mae is growing quite well. beautiful child

Anonymous said...

Finally...and you're welcomed. I forgot to congratulate you on purchasing your own home. It is quite an achievement especially at your age.

slybabyk said...

Jdid — thank you, I hope your young one is thriving as well!

Nadz — thanks for the poke hehehe :)